Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

4.18.2006

Just me and my meme, meme and me

Expat Traveler has tagged me for a meme. Apparently, being "tagged" for a "meme" is quite common in the blogging world. As always, I am the last to know, and I'm still not sure why a meme is called a meme, but it appears that I must make a list for said meme.

Expat told me that if I didn't complete the task, the blogsphere would likely implode under void that is left by my lack of meme. I have been given the task to list 6 interesting facts about myself. Sorry Expat, I can make the list, but it will likely be far from interesting. Here goes:

  1. I love prosciutto. I can eat it every blessed day and never get sick of it. It amazes me that a pork product can taste so much like cheese. It's like eating a ham and cheese sammich, without the bread and at its very best, its saline goodness can almost be floral. All that from a pig's leg. Thank you pig.
  2. I HATE MAYONNAISE. Or anything that wiggles like mayonnaise. Don't try to mask the truth with a fancy culinary term like "aioli." I'm on to it.
  3. I love having my teeth cleaned. I live for the moment when they scrape my teeth with the scrapey thing. I know it's weird, but I find it very very relaxing.
  4. I guessed from the very beginning of The Bachelor: Paris which girl would win. Just ask my mamma. The very beginning. Incredible, isn't it? When it comes to important issues such as reality TV, my psychic powers are a force to be reckoned with.
  5. I cannot fall asleep without rubbing my feet together for at least a minute, I think...not that I time it or anything.
  6. I own a first edition copy of Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking. I love the whole book, except for the parts where she talks about mayonnaise.

There! HAHA! I'm not "it" anymore! I know that my depth of spirit conveyed by this list may increase my readership exponentially. I hope that I have not made anyone feel less unique, or caused any sudden drop in self-esteem when confronted with the wonder that is my meme. Don't worry, I will remain the same girl, even after I gain international fame followed by candidacy for the Nobel Peace Prize. You can always be sure that sincere humility will remain the cornerstone of my brilliant character.

19 Comments:

Blogger A Novelist said...

I'm so glad that I found someone who feels the same way as I do about the dentist (#3). Nobody understands how I find it relaxing to have the dentist scrape my teeth like that. ;)

4/18/2006 8:41 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

an i thought i was the lone weirdo!

4/18/2006 9:14 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracie you were right on about the batchelor in Paris, although I have heard that they have split. Tra you have a ton of interesting things about you. After all, just ask your mamma. Love, Mom

4/18/2006 11:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You like having your teeth scraped?????

Do you sticking needles in your eyes for a little light relief also?

That would be my choice.

4/18/2006 12:04 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh Tracie you are a riot...

Maybe you love prosciutto for the salt?

Oh - tell me who one Bachelor Paris?? I never got to see the end. P hates that show and he won!!! I'm one to not believe it will work!

Yeah - it was funny and interesting to me. And made me laugh...

4/18/2006 1:16 PM

 
Blogger nikinpos said...

so you're the type of person who scrapes your fingernails down blackboards and squeaks pieces of polystyrene together?(If you can stand teeth scraping)

4/18/2006 1:29 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you will just have to tell Expat Traveler that there are at least two people that are very interested in hearing about youyou, youyou, you and oh yeah we like to hear about you too. Meme's must not be to bad. You seem to have a lot of traffic on your blog. Of course this just your humble ole dad's opinyun and it is a job requirement for me to love my little me, meme, meme, me.

guess who??????????!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone out there reading meme's blog had a wonderful Easter and remembered what a wonderful gift was given us on Easter.

4/18/2006 1:57 PM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

no nicky no!! i hate that. i also can't stand the thought of teeth rubbing on cloth...uuuhhh...it gives me chillbumps just thinking about it. and styrofoam rubbing together??!! AHHHHH! why'd you have to tell me that?

4/18/2006 2:42 PM

 
Blogger Darbs said...

Okay...I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the whole "meme" thing...or how it's pronounced (it is short "e's" or long "e's"?) LOL.

WEIRD..we both have the same compulsion...rubbing our feet together before we go to bed.

And you make me want to go out and buy some prosciutto RIGHT NOW!!! I love cheese...and ham!

4/18/2006 3:17 PM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

teeth scraping?! feet rubbing?! what the hell is a meme?! i know, i know--i don't know. we are all a little weird, but i likes it.

4/18/2006 3:35 PM

 
Blogger Teena in Toronto said...

Great answers! But how can you not like mayo?? How can you have a turkey sandwich without it??!!

4/18/2006 3:44 PM

 
Blogger melusina said...

Likes the dentist and hates mayo? Yeeshk! Next thing you'll be saying you don't like gelato.

Yes, the Bachelor:Paris guy and his chosen one have split. I happen to know all this not because I ever watched an episode but because I come from the city where they are both from. It made big news in Nashville.

4/18/2006 5:21 PM

 
Blogger Edward said...

I actually wrote about this Meme business and what it means on my blog a few months back.

Try this link for a layman's definition of meme. Its at the bottom, after another "meme".

4/18/2006 11:07 PM

 
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Tracie, you are funnier than funny! The tooth cleaning thing wouldn't be so wierd if the dentist didn't periodically stick you in the gums by mistake. (At least I think it's by mistake) I like the automatic swirly toothbrush thing and the bubblegum-flavored toothpaste. Ok, am I the weird one now?

4/19/2006 11:19 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

yes i was happy that girl won from the bachelor-paris! but i would NOT have guessed it!

those food pics below - soooooo deliziosoooooo!!!!

thats awesome your mom comments on the blog! i know my mom reads mine (secretly) but won't comment, i'm so tempted to put really scandalous things on there so she'll HAVE to say something... ahah

4/19/2006 12:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im so glad Im not the only one who doesnt know what a meme is!! and here i thought it was cuz i wasnt a blogger yet

and im with ya sista on the mayo. BLEK YUCK BLEK. aioli HA!

4/19/2006 12:15 PM

 
Blogger Sangindiva said...

Heeeeyyy!!
I just did this meme today too!!!
I also just book marked your blog-
you are a gas!!... and beans :) hahaha!

4/19/2006 2:13 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I love bacon as much as you love proscuito. All hail pig-meat.

4/19/2006 4:55 PM

 
Blogger nikinpos said...

reading through some other blogs it seems that when you get tagged you have to answer and then tag someone else...not me though!!

5/08/2006 2:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home