Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

12.20.2009

With a little help from our friends

You've seen the post about my friend Jennifer who is photographing our wedding, right? In almost every aspect of our planning, we've recruited loved ones to participate and it has made the experience richer and more special than we could have imagined.

We happen to have amazing and talented friends (I know I know, I said that already), and Lena is one of them. We met on a summer abroad program at Oxford in 1998 and have been in each other's lives ever since. (I was with her when she met her husband and I was in her wedding.)

We've shared so many good times...Lena is funny, smart, beautiful and is an incredible mother to their little one, who happens to share my birthday.

The girl is super crafty in a way that could put Martha Stewart to shame. She makes birth announcements, invitations, and various other stationery-centric things so when I asked her to make our wedding invitations, she enthusiastically said yes. (Thank you!) Knowing Lena's incredible eye for style, I knew we would have fun collaborating and was confident that she would take the image and the colors I had and make magic out of them.

Aren't they fantastic?

I just love the ribbon that holds in the R.S.V.P. envelope, the square shape with rounded corners, and the typeface that she chose. Lena, you outdid yourself!


Being engaged has been one of the most exciting experiences we've had. The planning and anticipation will soon transition into the wedding, an immensely special day in our lives. Having the announcement of our union made by the loving hands of one of my best friends is a memory that we will both treasure.

Thank you Lena, you are a dear friend!

11 Comments:

Blogger Do Bianchi said...

well, what does a guy gotta do to get an invitation to this shindig anyway? ;-)

I LOVE our invitations and I love our wedding colors!

thanks, again, Lena for such elegant invites!

12/20/2009 3:12 PM

 
Blogger Sicilian said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the invitation is just wonderful. Your friend is so talented!
I am so excited for you!
Ciao

12/20/2009 3:50 PM

 
Blogger Anne in Oxfordshire said...

They are so beautiful...a brilliant design. How wonderful for you to have met her and asked Lena to design them..

I found your blog ages ago and have it on google reader..and have called in now and again to your blog and your wonderful husband to be as well.

What is great for me, is that I live in Oxfordshire, actually only about 12 miles from Oxford itself, go in a few times a month. And in the last few weeks have linked up with a couple of bloggers who I hoping to meet up with after christmas .

Hope you have a super wedding, I am sure you will, you are lovely couple.

12/20/2009 6:23 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, thank you, tracie! :)_

i feel a little bit famous now...

you know i was really happy to make them for you two & i'm so glad you both love them. i know you will have a lifetime to look back on this very special year & remember that nice girl who made your wedding invitations!!!

12/20/2009 8:57 PM

 
Blogger LoriLyn said...

They ARE fantastic and I especially like the ribbon on the inside, too :)

12/20/2009 9:19 PM

 
Blogger Simona Carini said...

I totally agree: simply elegant. The day is fast approaching!

12/21/2009 12:36 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

2B--well, you started by getting a ring...:)

sicilian--we are too!

anne--thanks for reading, we both enjoy your comments!

lena--they have been a BIG hit...you should go pro

lorilyn and simona--thanks :) and not soon enough!

12/21/2009 7:45 AM

 
Anonymous Noël said...

Beautifully designed. Congratulations the best is yet to come!

12/23/2009 12:32 PM

 
Blogger Otto Tarchin said...

Hi there, congratulations!
I have come across with your blog totally randomly and loved your wedding invitation. The painting of the pomegranate tree has been my profile picture at my blog as well, love it... no wonder people who are serious about food and life have common tastes :)
http://ottotarchincooking.blogspot.com/

12/25/2009 11:23 PM

 
Blogger Vinogirl said...

They are fantastic invites...your friend should go pro.
How exciting for you and Do Bianchi to be getting so close :)

12/26/2009 1:45 PM

 
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Those invites are stunning! Love the design and the colors.

Your friend is very talented.

1/04/2010 1:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home