Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

1.20.2006

Oh why not...

Ciao tutti! Vi auguro un buon anno! That means happy new year. So I thought I would start off 2006 with a new bloggy-blawg. I figured, hey, look at that bandwagon--I wanna jump on it. Anyway, there just aren't enough blogs written by American women living in Italy. HA! Well, at least I haven't found one about a Texana living in Italy, now aren't you all inspired by my originality? Whatever. I just need a good stimulating distraction from lying on the Mediterranean beaches sipping prosecco and eating clams every day. So boring! (Come on, you believed me for second...)

Right now though, this Texana is still in Texas. I'll be returning to my surrogate country on February 3rd. I'll be sad to leave this glorious weather, but I'll return happily to plates and plates of pasta e fagioli! I'll be sending recipes and pictures and chronicling (sp?) what I am sure will be my fun-filled tangle with Italian bureaucracy, also known as "trying to get a visa." (I have a feeling there will be a lot more tryin' and a lot less gettin', but that's just my inner pessimist regarding all things needed quickly in Italy.)

Ci vediamo! (see you later)

FYI: Did you know that the blog's very own spell checker doesn't recognize "blogs" as a word?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ciao. Your site looks good. I like your TexItaliano twist and look forward to your experiences. Be careful on your journey back to your surrogate country. How do you survive over there, anyway?

1/20/2006 9:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Figurati che nella tastiera italiana "Maria" รจ un errore!! Roba da pazzi!
Ciao, Anna Maria

3/10/2009 11:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home