Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

2.25.2006

In Giro a Napoli

That means "out and about in Naples." (In Giro, een jeero, is a term used frequently here and it's about time you learn some Italian!) Well, I thought I could shut up with all of this writing for a minute to share some photos of this crazy city. If you click (maybe double, not sure) on the photo, you should be able to see it in its larger form. Let me know what you think!


This is a view from Mergellina, the smaller port of Naples. Oh so Mediterranean!

I took this at dusk in a neighborhood called Vomero--it's at the top of Naples and it's the middle-class (borghese) quarter.


These 2 (above and below) are from Piazza del Gesu' Nuovo. It's in the historic (i.e. ooooooooooold) center of the city. The buildings, which are actually a church (left) and monastery (right) were both originally built in the 15th century. The facade on the church to the left seems as though it were built to serve as a device of medieval torture, but I have been told that it serves a purely aesthetic purpose. Go figure. I don't want to ramble on about the history as though I were copying a brochure onto my website, so I'll try to find a link and those of you who are interested can go a searchin'.

Oooooh, looming clouds...

(The spell checker wanted me to replace Napoli with nipple, but I don't want to live in a place called nipple.)

Have a good weekend everybody :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those photos are gorgeous! They all have such a mood about them with the interesting light.

2/26/2006 10:44 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

Thanks Jenn! I'm glad you like 'em :)

2/26/2006 11:44 AM

 
Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Great pictures tracie! I have been to Naples twice and loved it! I can not wait to go back. You are really lucky to living in such a great city.

Cyn

2/28/2006 2:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home