Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

12.20.2006

I'm There


This is a menu taped to the door of a cheese store. Just look at what you could eat if you were here:

TUESDAY AND FRIDAY

Neapolitan Specialties

Casatiello

Rustic Pizza (not a pizza as we know it, it's more like a covered savory pie stuffed with sauteed vegetables, the choices are the 2 below)

Escarole Pizza (Rustic pizza stuffed with escarole that's been sauteed with capers)

Rustic Pizza with sausage and frigiarelli (friarielli, see preceding post)HAY

Panuozzo (This is a sandwich made from pizza dough stuffed with your choice of the following ingredients then heated in a wood-burning oven 'til its all gooey and melty...it's a specialty of Gragnano, near the Amalfi Coast, and there's hardly anything better.)

Baked ham, provola, and eggplant

Baked ham, provola, and roasted bell peppers

Baked ham and provola

Sausage, friarielli, and provola UNGH!

Made In-house , we accept orders for Christmas

Don't you want to come to Napoli? You know where to find me. I'll be just outside that door warming my face lovingly next to a steaming, melty cheese sandwich.

"Shake yo' money mak-AH, shake yo' money mak-HA..."

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you bloggin on a regular basis. It keep me entertained even if you talk waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over my head about wine and about some kind of greens I may never have a chance to eat. Guess I will stick with Dr. Pepper and Mom's tea with a side of Collard greens. Oh yeah, can't forget the cornbread. Got to have a pone or two.

12/20/2006 10:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Panuozzo sounds like a good ol' calzone. Now, umm, shake yo' what??
I better ask mom 'bout that one...

12/20/2006 9:43 PM

 
Blogger Sicilian said...

Tracie. . . missed your writings. . . I can smell the warm cheese melting on the soft bread.
Ciao

12/20/2006 9:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are such a pig, girl, always talking about food! JK, you can take me there when I'm back!

12/21/2006 12:34 PM

 
Blogger cammar said...

You did it again!
Now I'll go to Costco and ask if they have pizza con scarole...

12/21/2006 12:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raffaella made Tortano last Sunday. We thought of you.

12/21/2006 3:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tracie - Completely off the subject here, but Merry Christmas! I was in Austin last weekend visiting with the girls and I thought about you - told them all that they should be checking in here regularly to see what you are up to. Be safe and merry over the holidays - eat some warm cheese & drink many bottles of wine for me!

Mayo

12/21/2006 3:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James Brown has died...Though deeply saddened by his recent departure, I will continue to "Shake ma money mak-AH" especially when I eat pizza or cheese sandwiches. Thanks for making me laugh. I miss you, Tra...

Tina Bug

12/27/2006 6:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home