Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

5.05.2007

Happy Birthday Mom

So today is my mom's *%th birthday and this is the first time in years that I've been lucky enough to spend it with her. I wanted to post earlier with a picture of her, my sister, and me, but getting photo approval from the 3 of us would have been a miracle on the scale of organizing world peace.

I was faced with clenched-teeth threats such as, "I BETTER not find this on your blog tomorrow." Even the hint of death by Big Sister never fails to intimidate me.

If we had just taken one more, I'm sure that we would have looked like three luscious super models. Unfortunately, the home-made coconut cake staring at my dad through the camera lens turned him into an impatient 2 year-old with a world class sugar jones.

Oh well.

Happy birthday anyway, Mom. I love you :)

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Delina said...

Hee hee. That sounds like the same with me, my sister and my mum. We can never agree that we All look good in the same photo.

Home made coconut cake. Yuuuum!

Happy Birthday to your mum!!! (that's "mom" to you)

5/06/2007 7:04 AM

 
Blogger Nabeel said...

Happy birthday to your mom .. and well what kinda birthday cake did you have?

5/06/2007 1:03 PM

 
Blogger Thistlemoon said...

mmm...coconut cake....my favorite!

Happy Birthday to your Mom!

5/06/2007 4:09 PM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

the coconut cake was good...it better have been after spending 5 hours in the kitchen on it.

but she's worth it ;)

5/06/2007 7:41 PM

 
Blogger Cherrye said...

I think it's great that your sister and mom (and your DAD) even know you have a blog and how to use it. I think my mom has looked at my blog once. I could post anything I want...hmmm...

When are you coming back to Italy?? I know you will hate to leave.

When you get a chance I tagged you on my blog. I also kinda told everyone you'd do the whole blog in Texas-talk...fun!

5/07/2007 7:16 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

well cherrye...i'll be right over

5/07/2007 9:02 AM

 
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

happy birthda tracie b's mom!

5/07/2007 11:13 AM

 
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Enjoy your stay in Texas.

5/07/2007 11:22 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Maggie was there, she'd sing "Happy Birthday" to your mama, since she's obsessed with birthdays in general.

5/07/2007 6:29 PM

 
Blogger Giulia said...

Happy belated birthday to you Mom! I'm bad...if I take a group shot, and I think I look semi decent in it, I'll still post the photo if the others in it think they look bad!

5/08/2007 6:16 AM

 
Blogger Dayngr said...

That is awesome! Get all the momminess that you can.

5/11/2007 1:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home