Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

5.07.2007

Talking in Texan, Lesson Four

We are moving along at a neck breaking pace. I believe that y'all can handle these intense lessons just faahn, so let's move along, shall we?

I'mona: pronounced, ahmOWNa, lazily drawlin' in place of, "I'm going to."

Weensdee: meaning Wednesday, pronounced "Weensdee" (In Texas our other days of the week are Mundee, Toosdee, Thuuursdee, Frahdee, Saturdee, and fahnly, Sundee.)

Contextual example: I'mona go back thar ta It-lee on Weensdee, y'onna (do you want to) come? What about yer mamanem?

Well, I will be headin' on back to It-lee Weensdee, much to the dismay of my mamanem, but I'll missem (and here's another straight from my grandmother) "lahk aw gitout."

And if you weren't sure, that means a lot.

11 Comments:

Blogger Giulia said...

Oh geesh, if you hadn't explained that that last one meant "a lot" I would have fried my brain trying to figure it out! Crap, do I get an "F" for this lesson?! lol

5/08/2007 6:13 AM

 
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

I never would have guess "a lot". Have a great trip back.

5/08/2007 9:40 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

yes giulia, you get an "f" for faaaahn :)

thanks arlene! i always look forward to 9 hours of movies :)

5/08/2007 10:27 AM

 
Blogger nikinpos said...

You're coming back? Well, I'm outta here then! Wouldn't it be funny if we met at the airport? Do you wanna meet up for Piazza in Napoli on the 16th May? I'll be there with Dan if you want to join us.

5/08/2007 2:06 PM

 
Blogger Travel Italy said...

Have a great trip!

5/08/2007 5:59 PM

 
Blogger Stelle in Italia said...

I think I failed the lesson too! do you do audio CD lessons? that would help me :)! Have a safe trip back to It-lee!

Jackie

5/09/2007 9:10 AM

 
Blogger bulletholes said...

Yes'm, you be doin' a purty fine job over here in these parts, I tell u whut....Gewels sent this Foat Wuth boy over to check out the good work u r doin'.
Heee haw and slap my chaps.

5/09/2007 11:18 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like all get out, correct? Do I get an A?

Tiner Bug

I'm gonna miss you Tra,Tra...

5/09/2007 5:43 PM

 
Blogger gibber said...

dude. Like all get out. We say that in DC too. :)

5/10/2007 4:45 PM

 
Blogger Edward said...

I love all of your Texan lessons.

5/15/2007 10:30 AM

 
Blogger Buffy said...

I have no idea what you just said....

8/09/2007 10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home