Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

7.20.2008

Porco Mio

I know we are in pien'estate (full-on Summer) but I tailored my dinner to the wine that I wanted to drink. For me, this, or the reverse, is a regular occurrence. (Rarely do I go willy-nilly and not consider the interaction of the two (non-living) things I love the most.)

So I braised some pork chops (winter fare)! You must understand that the Chinon was staring at me--glaring, in that French sort of way that says, "Dare not consume me with a Summery salad."

Being easily intimidated by glaring inanimate objects, I lit my burners in a hurry.

Note to all: Smothered pork chops + Chinon = Sweet, sweet dreams

Buonanotte!

8 Comments:

Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

hmmm, I love rigatoni and sausage but I kept saying to myself...that is a fall/winter dish. You have inspired me to make some this weekend. Now I have to find a good chiati to go with said dish.

:)

7/21/2008 5:36 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

hey nyc, do it...just don't tell any italians about it.

7/21/2008 8:16 AM

 
Blogger Susan in Italy said...

How great is it that you are even capable of knowing what a Chinon is thinking. I'd have surely served it with an insalata caprese and been totally unaware of it's sense of indignation.

7/21/2008 9:56 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my word! I always cook out of season to go with the wine of choice. I made a beef broth last night with root veggies and wild rice. So there! I'm a culinary rebel and I know it.

7/21/2008 11:27 AM

 
Blogger Do Bianchi said...

pork chops and Chinon in summer sounds fantastic. I love how the French chill their Cabernet Franc during summer months. Cabernet Franc and Barbera are definitely top summer wines for chillin' in my book.

porco mio: gotta love the pun... hilarious...

7/21/2008 3:31 PM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

susan--it's a special skill, hearing the will of wine. it's called "Crazy."

ms. violetta--girl, i'm-a callin' the cops

do b--i love me some cab franc. never had it chilled down, but barbera yes, or a nice dolcetto! hilarious?! this is all very very serious business on this here blog, dr. j.

7/21/2008 6:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's winter where I am! I think I'll have to braise some pork chops :-) Thanks for the inspiration and I'm glad you're blogging a little more again :-)

7/22/2008 1:50 PM

 
Blogger Sicilian said...

You make me long for cooler weather. . . where soups will be the meal of choice. . . .
Buon Appetito
Ciao

7/23/2008 9:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home