Once upon a time in Texas, there was a girl with an appetite and a dream...

7.12.2006

Viva l'Italia!

I wanted to write a little about the World Cup, and I'm only a few days late! Wow, I'm getting good at this posting-once-a-year-thing. As many of you know, Italia won the world cup and I can say that it is almost--almost as exciting as when my Texas Lonhorns won the Rose Bowl National Championship gameWOOOHOOO! (Sorry, that memory never fails to elicit an enthusiastic woohoo from the alumnus in me.)

So, as one would expect from a bunch of excitable Southern Italians, this game against France did not go unnoticed, uncursed, un-gesticulated, and finally, uncelebrated. No, no no. There was screaming, incessant horn-honking, small street bombs, and waving, waving hands--all with a small touch of island mayhem. That's my Italy!

And just to prove to you how much Italians love them some soccer, I took a few pictures.

They decided to set up a projector. Doesn't white wash just scream SOCCER?


Finally when it was dark enough, they decided to project the game onto the house across the street.

GOALLL-lah! GOALLL-lah!

Look mom, we won! And there we are, in a state of post-game bliss.

I made friends with a newly-wed couple from London...nothing like soccer and wine to forge new friendships.

And there's our Mario, doing his celebratory flexes.

MAMMA MIA! AUGURI! ABBIAMO VINTO!! BOOM! HOOOOOOONK...

Just look at this little guy and his green and red wig...watching the post-game wrap-up.

That's it. I hope to be posting more regularly, I've uploaded some photos into a computer so that should eliminate one excuse. BUT, I'm sure I can find another one, I'm good at that.

WOOOHOOO!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've missed you! Post MORE!!!!

7/13/2006 9:43 AM

 
Blogger Tracie P. said...

yea, only if you write me every now and then...stranger :)

7/13/2006 9:49 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! Enjoyed the pictures. Thanks.

7/13/2006 10:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to have you back Tracie - I missed your posts.
Mayo

7/13/2006 11:04 AM

 
Blogger A Novelist said...

Yay Italy! :)

7/13/2006 11:33 AM

 
Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Oh no, we are mortal enemies! You're a Longhorn and I'm an Aggie! :) Actually, I couldn't give a shit....can we still be friends? Nice to "hear" from you again.

7/13/2006 12:05 PM

 
Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Tracie B. Glad to see you are alive and well. The photos are great. Hope you are having a fantastic summer.

7/13/2006 12:12 PM

 
Blogger cammar said...

I'm from Napoli.
I spent the first 26 years of my life there. Now I live in Hawaii and I can say I'm the happiest in the world too. Every year I go back to Napoli to see my parents and I hate it (love my parents though). I'm just fascinated how you can find exciting to live in a town where they park cars like in the post below. Or when you are at the post office and even if there's only few people behind you, they can't make a line... they will be all over the place scattered on your side...
In case we needed it, this is a confirmation that all is relative.
Check my blog for some nice night shots of Napoli (june 8th & 11th).
Ciao bella, statt' 'bbuon.

7/13/2006 1:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos...atleast more than I can say for our celebration! I rooted for France (cough cough)...only because I like them moldy, stinky cheeses much better than italian ones. Needless to say, I went to bed bummed, but Zidane...ooh that headbutt move! He reminded me of the Big Billy Goat Gruff! arghghgh!

7/13/2006 1:49 PM

 
Blogger Dayngr said...

Thank goodness you are back! There you go inspiring me to blog more and then you leave me out here in the blog-o-sphere all alone. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but what can I say. I missed your verbal prowess.

Go Italy Go! I have to blog my celebratory blog as well. My husband is of French decent and I of course, am Italian so it was quite interesting here. When it started my husband said “who do you think will win” and I replied “Italy, duh”. LOL And so goes life @ my house.

7/13/2006 2:40 PM

 
Blogger Secret Mommy said...

Glad you're back on the blog. :-) We've certainly all missed you! The world cup party looks very, very fun! Yea, Italy!!!!!!!

7/16/2006 3:09 PM

 
Blogger Annie said...

The reason you don't post as often is because YOU LIVE IN ITALY. I can understand that, there is so much living to do. I'm jealous! But happy for you too!
I'll be looking forward to more posts when you take time out of your dolce vita. Ciao, Annie

7/17/2006 10:06 PM

 
Blogger ManNMotion said...

This is awesome (the blog and the post). A friend of mine works for a Brazilian company and they had to put TVs up all over the workplace and the factory or the union would have staged a walk out!

7/21/2006 9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home